A crown is a dental restoration that covers a tooth in order to improve his strength and the appearance of tooth. A zirconium crown is a type of all-ceramic crown made from zirconia, a very strong material which is compatible with the human body. Because of its strength and durability, Zirconia is used in many other medical applications, for example artificial joints.
Zirconia is a type of crystal which is indestructible and lasts longer than other crowns. It is safe to use and preferred by many people to porcelain fused to metal crowns because there is no fear of our body rejecting Zirconia or displaying an allergic reaction to it. Unlike other type of crowns, these restorations won’t corrode so there is no blue gum around the tooth, no electrical conductivity and the tooth will look natural.
Advantages of a Zirconiam Crown
Zirconium crowns has many advantages:
• Extraordinarily Tough.
• Can withstand hard grinding and biting.
• Translucent enough to be similar to natural teeth.
• Less tooth removal
• No Metal Fuse
• Modifiable size, shape and Color
But the main three advantages are:
1. Strength: It lasts longer than any type of crown.
2. Aesthetics: Because of its attractive translucent color, this crown blends in well with the other teeth.
3. Retain more of the existing tooth: More of the Original tooth is preserved. This is useful if the crown needs to be removed.
So a good choice if you are looking for a strong, long lasting and visually appealing crown. They are perfect at covering of damage or staining as well as helping to maintain the function of the tooth.
For more detailed information about zirconium crowns check the link below.